|Description||Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/
Present in more than 55 countries, Handicap International is composed of 2 operational directions:
Since the offensives of the group Islamic State (IS) in 2014, Iraq has been facing an internal armed conflict and a double humanitarian crisis, with high numbers of Iraqi internally-displaced people (IDPs) and Syrian refugees in need of humanitarian assistance. As of September 2016, there were 3,322,410 recorded IDPs and 245,000 Syrian refugees in Iraq.
The identification of the most vulnerable individuals among them, including people with disabilities, and the rapid response to their essential needs (both basic and specific) is a priority for the humanitarian community. In addition, Conventional Weapons (CW) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) continue to impose a devastating human toll in Iraq. In contaminated areas, local populations, IDPs and returning populations are all at risk of death and injury.
The armed conflict and the humanitarian crisis in Iraq will continue into 2017. In parallel, the economic and political crisis in Iraq is hampering the delivery of medical and socio-economic services, complicating the access and increasing the vulnerability of the general population, and in particular of persons with disabilities, all over Iraq.
Handicap International (HI) started its activities in Iraq in 1991.
-Long-term development projects: support to civil society, access to services, awareness campaigns, community-based rehabilitation.
Under the line management of the Technical Unit Coordinator, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager will set up the MEAL Team, as well as MEAL communication and information exchange in the Iraq programme. The MEAL Manager will assist technical and operational teams in enhancing project accountability and monitoring by designing and implementing the MEAL strategy for each specific technical sector, according to HI MEAL frameworks, project monitoring plans, and common outcome indicators, and in line with HI Project Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Policy. The MEAL Manager will further propose improvements in the programme’s MEAL strategy.
MAIN RESPONSABILITIES OF THE EXPATRIATE:
1/Set up the framework of the MEAL Unit
|Expériences / Formation du candidat||• University degree in information management, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, Humanitarian Assistance, Public health or related field
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the field of information management, M&E, assessment system for a humanitarian or development agency
• Extensive experience of implementing information management & M&E systems for end users, and the technical knowledge in the development of such systems
• Previous experience in people management
• Good management capacities and team leadership spirit
• Computer skills: Very good knowledge of the MS office software (including Word, Excel, Outlook); other software is an asset (iData, Le Sphinx, STATA, SPSS…)
• Prior experience in Middle East would be an asset
|Langues parlées||• Fluency in English is essential, Arabic or Kurdish would be an asset|
|Qualité du candidat||• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization
• Pedagogical skills; team management, good knowledge of humanitarian actors and donors
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Strong analytical skills and ability to handle complex issues
|Pays||Moyen Orient, Irak|
|Durée du contrat||• Starting date : 01/02/2017
• Length of the contract: 6 months
|Salaire / Indemnité||• Perdiem: 507,29€ (net)
• Hardship allowance : 250€ (net)
• Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
• Paid holiday : 25 days per year
• R&R: 5 days every 3 months
• Status : single position
• Housing : Collective taken in charge by Handicap International
|Postuler en ligne||To apply, please follow this link: https://hi.profilsearch.com/recrute/fr/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=1854&idpartenaire=130|
|Date de fin de validité||30/12/2016|
Le guide pour étudier à l’étranger est un livre contenant une liste officielle de plus de 2000 offres de formations et de bourses d’étude à l’étranger.
CLIQUEZ-ICI POUR COMMANDER VOTRE LIVRE.